Monday 3 November 2008

Of Undergoing Identity Crisiseseses

Right. I've had a busy week. Obviously there was Spain - which was, you know... Well, I've lost weight, lets put it that way. But I'm not blaming the booze. Oh no. Something is going around, honest. It's not ALL my own fault.


But last weekend I've also been Dahn Saarf. Innit. Wiv me spoons an pearl suit an apples and pears and other fruit salad stuff.


And now I'm knackered.


I did get to go to a costume party though. And, horribly, it got me all wondering again...

It's this whole juggling thing again I think, different bits, extra arms, occasional shift in priorities. Gets confusing.

I am, generally, during the day a Professional and Caring Teacher - able to Educate and Inspire and to Look Very Busy when people arrive during my free lessons (much like now - the sound of typing is always convincing.)

Most evenings I play at Hugely Successful Author (at least in my head I do - it is generally a role characterised by glazed eyes and me staring into space...)

Two evenings a week I also get to play at Dedicated and Conscientious Student, with added bonus of a secret I'm Actually Already Getting Published superhero pants which I wear beneath my jeans.

I also get to play at Star Striker on a Friday night. At least during the first half. Second half I'm knackered so I play at Lumbering Defender instead.

Of course I have a favoured role I get to play, feels like my most natural I think - generally get to play it on a Weekend, sometimes on a Wednesday. It a Grinning Like A Tit role and is, most definitely, my favourite.

So anyway.

I'm sat on the Tube (dahn saarf), on a Saturday - please note, no longer Halloween, in a giant yellow duck suit. And too my left is a five foot nine baby. With beard. To my right is a four foot ten crack whore. Without beard. And I'm sat there, whilst a German tourist snaps pictures.

And I know exactly which roles I favour, and I only wish I could play them more often.

On the upside though - regardless of role, my wonderful hair remains the same. Largely due to the glue thats in it.

4 comments:

Caroline said...

I would like to know what it is that you 'get to play' with on a Weekend and sometimes on a Wednesday.

And how do tits grin?

Missed you pumpkin x

Vix said...

Im still most impressed at the giant yellow duck suit. True dedication.
xxx

Beth said...

Superhero pants. Do you think your bro and his girlf nick them, too?

I'm awww-ing at your Grinning like a Tit role :o)

And - are there photos of the duck suit? I really really hope there are photos.

Chris said...

Yes, you do have a nasty habit of scoring past me, which seems to have developed in recent weeks. I blame a dip in form from me and a peak in your form. However it will balance out and I'll be back to keeping you off the scoresheet.

Hopefully.

:'(