Friday 3 April 2009

An International Event Of Monumental Import - And No I'm Not Talking About Gordon's Big Deal

Couldn't care less about Gordon's Big Deal - I've got nothing anyway and for those of us down here it really makes very little difference.

So no, My International Event Of Monumental Import is nothing to do with that, and far more important.

Far more important. Say it with me kids "Far. More. Important."

Very good.

I am signing books. Internationally. Oh yes. I have looooooong arms.

"Nick Jones
12:00 pm, Fri 10th April 2009

Nick jones will be instore signing his new novel 9987. 9987 is a jagged, tragic crime story set in a disturbing, uncaring world where only three things are constant: fantasy, lonliness and love."

And so yeah, ok, they spelt my name wrong, but in all fairness I spell it like."I'm a tit! I spell my name like a tosser!" so I won't hold that against them. I'm just really excited to be there.

And it will (WILL) be great! The Wetherspoons signing was. A dozen copies sold and signed, one gang of slightly druk blokes heckling me and Stu and wanting cheapass copies of the book. And a pint. And two, count 'em TWO free coffees for me mam.

Oh yes. Twas good.

And this one will be too. My most mint PR Guru has already formed plans to have me advertised BEFORE the event actually takes place. I mean, Borders will have a few posters and stuff, but really, who reads them? Most Mint PR Guru has some effective sounds plans. Which, actually thinking about it, I still ahven't put into action.

Balls.

Best be off, got some phone calls to make...

3 comments:

Kat W said...

Your authorly life is getting very rock and roll. How exciting! Its a great book - you deserve the success! But how is DK after his world tour? I hope he is not too exhuasted and that you still have time to pay him attention.

Kat :-)

DJ Kirkby said...

Ok I am confused...you are signing internationally, where?

Vix said...

ok speaking as your kick ass most mint pr guru.. YOU STILL HAVENT CONTACTED THEM SUCCESSFULLY ABOUT THE PLAN! GET THE STUFF IN THE POST FIRST CLASS TOMORROW MORNING. then phone. that is all.
xxx