Saturday 20 September 2008

A Weekend Just For Me, Plus Disco Kettle Makes A Grand Return


Ah Saturday morning. Just. And here I sit in my Big Winter Dressing Gown, having eaten a leisurely breakfast of last nights pizza. Sipping contentedly at my coffee.

The weekend stretches out before me, and will be proper mint, how.

Because I've finished aaaallllllllll my marking.

Oh yes.

All done.

Finished.

Completely.

Well... When I say finished...

See, in a rush to escape at the end of Friday, I may have accidentally, and I must stress accidentally, left the Year 7 tests at school. Whoops.

Ah well. 

So, this weekend I have almost nothing to do but to boil my Disco Kettle. And write.

I am, actually, quite excited.

1000 words? Between me and DK we've got this covered (pulls up Big Winter Collar, listens for that long missed Bing). 

Cheers DK, lets get to work... 

8 comments:

Ken Duck Geraths said...

Have a great weekend!!
Must be cold there sorry only going to be 75 here 24 (C).

Caroline said...

what did you eat last night then?

and don't' you just LOVE winter ...

jingle bells jingle bells jingle all the way.

x

Megan said...

Enjoy it Nik - write amazing things!

Beth said...

... you left the tests at home?

don't you mean at school? or have you moved into school?

i have quite an amusing visual of you standing in your dressing gown in your kitchen watching DK boil and then flicking the switch again. next weekend will be FAR more exciting.....

:o)

hope the writing is going well, anyway.

watching9987 said...

ken - and I man this in the nicest possible way, I hate you. Cos yes, it is cold, and you're still enjoying summer.

Caroline - I've accepted Winter, but pushing for Christmas is just going tooooooo far young lady...

Megan - Thank you, I'll try.

b - I don't know what you mean, if you read the post again you will notice that i said left it at school. And, in true 1984 style, there is no evidence to the contrary. Ha!

And yes, next weekend will be FAR more fun :)

Beth said...

at least i'm less confused now :)

95 days to christmas! not long now....

*winks at cas*

DJ Kirkby said...

yuuuum cold pizza, my fave... 1000 words huh? You put me to shame, I must, MUST find some writing time this weekend...

Chris said...

No blog in four days? Crikey, you must be typing away like a monkey on crack.